Wednesday, July 29, 2015

To Ms. TED

So I saw this little note entitled "TED" posted at the freedom wall at my 2nd favorite cafe (my new favorite is crepeman cafe, sorry Cha Dao)

Near that note was a poem I wrote for my ex almost a year ago. Yes, I was delusional. I secretly wished and prayed that he would someday read it but after months of hoping I guess it was not meant to be. 

Its funny how I stumbled upon this. I guess the one who wrote it wanted to reach out to Ted or to someone who could possibly relate. I'm guessing a woman wrote this.


To Ms. Anonymous, 

Please understand that I have been in your shoes months ago and still recovering. It was just days ago that I saw the ONE who replaced me. It crushed me immensely. I thought I was okay but seeing reality in front of you is a bitch and I kept thinking she is too. All the pain came rushing in, like waking up from a state of coma and find yourself plead for pills, alcohol, anesthesia or anything that could make you numb. Don't get me wrong, I didn't turn to these vices but instead curled up in bed depressed and embraced sleepless nights. Falling asleep, dreaming and waking up with him and his girl on my mind is torture. A vicious cycle. It would be a great relief if humans had a delete and reboot function but unfortunately we cannot cheat our way into healing.


Ms. Anonymous, welcome pain but don't let it linger forever. Admit that you loved this person and put in your best effort to forgive and be happy, not only for him, but for yourself. You are the number one priority. Don't rush into a relationship if you're not yet ready. The best revenge and triumph is to be the best version of yourself. A version he failed to see and appreciate when you were still together. An improved you who is still capable of loving passionately. When will you know that you're ready? I'm having a hard time answering that question because I'm still working on it.  Maybe you'll read this blog someday and maybe we can go out for coffee.Hang in there!  :)


Sincerely,

happy (currently healing) Z








2 comments:

  1. Hi it's me again! Haha I became a reader of your blog since HappyZ turns 27. Be strong, I believe you can do it :)

    PS I can't remember if we have met before but you're quite familiar hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi krizzia! It's always a delight reading your comments. I'm not sure if we've met before but I hope that we do someday. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete