Wednesday, February 27, 2013

HZ ON A DATE: Kanin Club


Valentines Day for me is a once a year excuse to be cheesy and a glutton. Literally eating to your heart's content. I remember when we started dating, we usually have theme dates and dress according to our chosen theme. 

This heart month our theme was Til' Death do us part. Don't worry we didn't dress up as zombies but we did have a death defying dinner.

For the CHEESY part we had Ranch O'Cheddar Fries from Potato Corner. We got this for free thanks to my deal predator like skill of grabbing deals online. 

On the glutton side we had Crispy Dinuguan and Aligue Rice
The serving was good enough for 3-5 people (regular portions)


We almost finished it all in one sitting! I was feeling a bit dizzy after and the fact that I don't really eat dinuguan made me hurl a bit. Every bite of it made me sick and definitely didn't convert me into a dinuguan eater. Bee on the other hand enjoyed it a lot, he said that the dinuguan was good.  

The only dish that saved us from near death was the Adobong Kangkong which I ordered.  It was tasty but could be improved, maybe mix in a little bagoong to make it a bit salty. 

Service: Great! Accommodating staff and were prompt in our requests. They could improve on informing guests that they have to wait in line for a table. We just walked in and were asked to go out again and wait for an open table. 

MENU:







Food-a-counting:
Crispy Dinuguan        P274.00
Aligue Rice               P156.00
Adobong Kangkong    P102.00
5% Service Charge    P26.60

Total Cash-Out        P558.60

Bite Cost: P200/meal
Munch worthy: Yes. But will not eat dinuguan again  (well, in my case) 
Walker repeat: I'm curious about the Sinigang Rice :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment