Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Guilty as charged: IZUMI SAKE BAR

Hey Guys! 


Yes, as the title says, I''m guilty as charged. I encouraged Vodka and Tequila to stay together even though they've been bound to stay apart. I've committed a grave crime and have been punished by preggy symptoms - numbness, vomiting, tantrums, dizziness, hallucination and finally I black out. Disclaimer: I am not pregnant and never will be unless I'm married :D

I'm not really into clubs or night outs but this kind of scene was introduced to me recently by the party people in our group. My most recent night was at Craft where we celebrated Halloween, no alcohol overload here. I just sipped a bit of red horse mixed with red bull and that's it. Well, Izumi is a different story. 

Saturday, November 10 we met at Ian's place to have dinner. Talk about food heaven! Angel hair tuna pasta, crunchy fish fillet, my favorite nachos and Adrian Miguel's signature pastries. It was a piggy feast for me and Bee. All that cardio and forced dieting down the drain. But it'll be more heart breaking  if I didn't munch on these treats. Bee started his non-stop eating phase that night- such a piggy :D We were supposed to watch Initial D or a movie before heading out but due to technical difficulties and limited time we were not able to do this. 
Heading out (in front of Ian's house). Photo by Peter Lee
We arrived at Burgos Circle around 10:00 pm, we had a little trouble parking though. Pete reserved a table for us. P5,000/table consumable. Quite expensive right?  But I guess it's reasonable for a group of 8 people. 


Our poison for the night: Sky Vodka & Jose Cuervo Tequila Shots
Pete (the birthday boy) ordered 2 bottles of Sky Vodka because of the Buy 1 Take 1 promo. Mix it up with Sprite and you're off to a good start- or so I thought. We stared drinking while waiting for his friend. Bee wasn't sitting beside me so I had no police marshal stopping me from continuously devouring this magical drink. Just like the name, Sky Vodka, you'd literally feel like flying and wait a little bit more and you'd be experiencing sky fall. Another friend of mine Cuervo (Tequila), made its way to my system and fueled me to party. 

Deep fried cheese & nori gyoza (our food that night)
I was dancing like a fool all night. But our friend Duo was more wasted. He vomited on his shirt and on the couch. All other things are bound to secrecy, nothing serious really just clean fun :D I also slept on the street that night, right in front of Izumi and Rue Bourbon. I felt the world crashing down on me as Bee tells me the story of my inner party girl letting loose that night. Don't blame me for having fun right? YOLO! 

I want to thank the Axe Gang and Tats for taking care of me that night. Next time, put all the magical drinks far from me as possible and have my marshal (Bee) sit right beside me.


Izumi is a great place to chill out with friends, although a little cramped. But I guess the purpose is to mingle with other party goers. Its nice that they have someone taking pictures and posts it on their facebook page : IZUMI SAKE BAR


I highly encourage you guys to drink responsibly. Obviously I'm not your role model here but still, use me as an example why you should only drink like a lady not a barbarian. :D

IZUMI Sake Bar and Restaurant is located at 29th St. cor. Rizal Drive Forbes Town Center Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
Food Menu: What's cooking at IZUMI
Drinks Menu: What's on the BAR

Bite Cost: P500/person 
Munch worthy: Cheese gyoza is a winner for me
Walker repeat: Not really, unless there's an event 

No comments:

Post a Comment