Wednesday, September 19, 2012

happyZ’s thrift-date: Korean Series Marathon

Last night, I came over to Bee’s place to visit their dog Mei (and him as well) before I head off to a meeting. Unfortunately, my meeting got cancelled and I decided to stay in because of the rain and did some internet research. I ate dinner there together with his family, I’m really embarrassed eating there most of the time because I feel like I’m an added expense but they’re kind enough to still invite me to eat.

I was supposed to go home after dinner but Bee asked me if I wanted to watch the Korean series we downloaded. I suggested that we just watch an episode of Breaking In (US series) because it would just run for 20min. unlike the Korean series that would run for 1hr/episode.

After watching, I asked Bee to give me a copy of the Korean series so that I could just watch it at home. He kind of implied that we watch together, so I decided to stay. We ended up watching 3 episodes, that’s 3 hours! But I guess time flies when you’re having fun. The series was really entertaining and fun to watch. It was also the perfect cuddle weather.

This is a simple date idea for those of you who are a bit short on date money but still want to spend time with your bf/gf without stressing your wallet.

Btw, speaking of Korean series, there will be a Korean Film Festival in selected SM Supermalls (please see photo). Free admission! 

Spellbound: A romantic comedy with horror elements starring the beautiful actress Son Ye Jin ("Personal Taste," "April Snow"). It's about a road magician and his muse who is haunted by ghosts.

Jeon Woo Chi: The story of a playful apprentice who gets imprisoned in a scroll. He is set free 500 years later.

Bunt: A survival story of a mentally challenged child who initially fills drinking water from a kettle. His task is soon overshadowed by the arrival of a water purifier.

A Barefoot Dream: A sports drama about a former soccer prospect who goes for his dreams of joining the International Youth Soccer Championships despite hindrances.

Late Blossom: The heartwarming story of two couples who live close to each other.

Arahan: About a police rookie who's honest yet klutzy.

Highway Star: A musical comedy about a singer who dreams of becoming a rock star but is forced to play trot to make ends meet.

We’ve watched Highway Star starring Cha Tae-hyun (of My Sassy Girl).I highly recommend this comedy. You’ll be amazed by Tae Hyun’s voice. :D

Expense: the basics, electricity required :D
Quality time: 100%

No comments:

Post a Comment