Monday, April 30, 2012

BAGUIO escape: Oh my Gulay & Vocas

A healthy feast for the soul. My Baguio trip won’t be complete without dropping by Oh my Gulay! I’ve read great reviews from different blogs about how beautiful the ambiance is. This little artsy café is a gem hidden within the green walls of La Azotea building, located along session road right across Metrobank.






Climbing all the way up to the 5th floor is definitely worth it. The flight of stairs going to the café was filled with wood carvings, artworks and ads.

This café combined with Vocas art gallery gives out an aura of peace and imagination. Full of different artworks of different genres you’ll surely take out your pen and start composing your own masterpiece. The artworks are inspiring and beautiful.


Oh my Gulay! Only serves vegetarian dishes, from salads, pastas and desserts. Food items are reasonably priced especially for the amount of serving per plate.
For my main meal, I ordered “Kabute” , pasta topped with mushrooms, overflowing with béchamel sauce and cheese. The serving is good for 2 hungry persons. A guiltless dish that’s so good even without bacon.




For dessert, I ordered “Saging at Mani Love Affair”, crepe filled with bananas and peanut butter drizzled with chocolate and melted vanilla ice cream on top. This dessert is not too sweet, no “umay” factor, just be ready with a glass of water :D


I really needed this simple retreat because I’ve been missing Jai. I’m out of town and he’s out of the country. Can’t wait to see my adventure buddy.

 view from my seat
















The ambiance is magical! The best looking café in Baguio I’ve seen, even better than Café by the ruins. No crowded tables, No noisy diners, affordable food and for the love of art. Priceless! I suggest that you don’t leave Baguio without visiting this place.


MENU

 

going to the 2nd floor









spilled melted ice cream formed into a heart


2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! I am Jenette Vizcocho, from Baguio. TV5's website Kristn has asked me to write about places to go to in Baguio during the holidays and I wanted to include your photos of Vocas.
    Would it be possible for me to grab some photos off your site and include it in the write up? I will credit you for the photos. Thanks very much!

    https://kristn.com/index.php/travel/article/87/best-surfing-destinations-in-the-philippines

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi I'm so sorry for the late reply. been busy this holiday season :D yes feel free to grab away :D looking forward to read your write up :D

    ReplyDelete