Saturday, December 31, 2011

OTC Alternatives: Milk and Tea's

This is your run down of over-the-counter alternatives of your favorite Milk and Tea drinks around the metro.

I have been a fan of milk based drinks because it adds creaminess and sweetness without adding too much sugar. 

Mine Shine Milk Tea
I love this milk tea! My boyfriend Jai suggested I try this and it surely didn’t disappoint. It tasted creamy and sweet but still has a hint of brewed tea. This drink doesn’t have pearls (yam) in it, it tastes as if it has. Cost: P40.00 per 600 ml bottle. Available at 7-eleven 

You can compare this to Cha Dao Tea Place’ Assam Tea which is a mixture black tea, black sugar and milk. Cost: P65.00 (Large) , P75.00 (XL) plus add P10.00 for sinkers. Check out Cha Dao's facebook page for more info. 




C2 Milky Tea
I’ve been scouting groceries for the past few days to buy this. I saw a commercial about it and was curious of how it tasted. Finally I bought one from Robinsons Supermarket (Galleria) yesterday, only 2 bottles were left on the shelf- it’s either saleable or short on stock. So this morning I had this along with my pancake and sausages, my last breakfast before new year. I was really happy because it’s the kind of milk tea I like. Creamy but tasted like brewed black tea. 
Cost: P10.50 per 230ml bottle. Spotted at Robinsons Supermarket

My pre-2012 special breakfast

  1. Milk Shake by Pokka *coming soon
Advantage of OTC: More affordable, can be refrigerated, can be stocked.

Downside of OTC: High content of sugar which is fattening unlike those Tea places where you have the option to control the sugar levels and add sinkers to complement your drink.

1 comment: