Wednesday, December 7, 2011

MUNCH MONSTER raid: Foodcamp


                     
Jai and I met after his football game and even though he's injured he still fulfilled his promise to meet me. We decided to meet at Ministop Kapitolyo, while waiting I bought  Chillz Dark Chocolate (Shake) to satisfy my craving for chocolate. I really liked it and only costs P24.00 (12 oz).

Jai came and we dropped by their house so he can change, I really appreciate Jai’s efforts that day. I know that he’s tired and his knees weren't in the perfect condition but STILL he didn’t mind the discomfort just to see me. Sweet! 

After a quick hug from Mei (his sister’s dog) we were off to Shangri-La Mall. We strolled for a bit and Jai asked me if I wanted to eat dinner already, well being the munch monster between the two of us, I said YES! We were supposed to eat at PG13 (a place we frequent for cheap eats) but we thought trying something new and ended up at Food camp. It’s a new burger joint right in front of our place and since it was a Sunday (November 27) I had to go home before 11:00 pm (rules…bleh) it seemed the best option for me.

We were the only customers that time (around 8 p.m.). It’s a good thing for us and a bad thing for the restaurant. The restaurant can accommodate up to 5 couples inside and 5 more outside (I think). I ordered Fili-cheese steak (P115.00) for myself and Bravo burger (P165.00) for Jai.
                                                                    FILI-CHEESESTEAK

BRAVO BURGER
       

I was a bit disappointed with my order, it’s like they used cheap cheese and low class bread. I had high expectations because of the great reviews I read over the internet. It doesn’t taste as good as it looks. Sorry but it didn’t satisfy my taste at all. On the other hand, I loved Jai’s Bravo burger! Juicy beef patty, I took bites off his burger and it was delectable plus it included fries already. Jai even said that he liked it better than Charlie’s; he’s excited to try their Angus and Wagyu Burger next time. I recommend this place for juicy and reasonably priced burgers but when it comes to cheese steaks, you’re better off with Philly’s Cheesesteak at Ortigas, Home Depot.


Total food cost: Fili-Cheesesteak P115.00 + Bravo Burger (Single Patty) w/fries P165.00 = P280.00. No service charge and all food items are vat inclusive. 

Walker Map: From MRT Crossing
1.  Ride a jeep bound to Pasig Palengke – Fare: P8.00/person
2. Ask the driver to drop you off at Oranbo overpass; you’ll see a Baliwag Lechon Manok kiosk and BDO across the street.
1.      3.Take the overpass going to BDO.
1.      4. Go to the tricycle terminal and ask the driver to drop you off at Mini Stop Oranbo near Skyway Twin Towers. Fare: P14.00/special trip or 2pax
5. Food Camp is located right on the opposite street of Mini Stop.


From SM Megamall or Galleria
1.  Go to the FX Terminal
2. Ride a FX bound for Pasig Palengke, Pineda, Canley make sure to tell the driver beforehand where to drop you off. P22.00/fixed rate (SM) ; P25.00/fixed rate (ROBINSONS)
3. Ask the driver to drop you off at Mini Stop Oranbo (near Tides Bar)
4. Food Camp is located right on the opposite street of Mini Stop.

Bite Cost: P150.00/person
Munch Worthy: Yes
Walker repeat: Yup!For juicy burgers and due to Jai’s insistent demand  ;D


For more information call: 576-3998
Foodcamp Delivers! Call 212-1212
Website: Foodcamp
Facebook: Foodcamp
Located at G/F LPI Center, 324 Captain Henry Javier St. Oranbo Pasig City

No comments:

Post a Comment