Saturday, November 12, 2011

MUNCH MONSTER raid: Skew-U Skews & Sizzlers

photo from their facebook account
Another food spot in the infamous Barrio Kapitolyo in Pasig City (my favorite place for food trip). From its name Skew-U, they serve skewered meat such as angus kebab, stewed pork skewer and chicken kebab. Other food items can be seen on their menu posted below. Their best seller is the Angus Kebab served with biriani rice- a must try!

I learned about SkewU through facebook, a schoolmate of mine from Miriam College Isa Sevilla posted photos of the soft opening on her wall or maybe a friend tagged her- hmmm…anyway as a curious foodie, I had to see the place. After work, I called up my boyfriend (who conveniently lives in Kapitolyo) to see the place, this was Tuesday. We walked going there (very accessible if you live in Kapitolyo), we browsed through the menu and although was practically drooling my boyfriend and I had to leave because of his football game and we didn’t have time to eat. So my cravings were put on hold. Boo!

So the next day (Wednesday) he made it up to me by taking me to Skew-U. I ordered the USDA Tapa and my boyfriend tried the Angus Kebab, too bad we weren’t able to bring a camera, the food looked well prepared. Instead I got these photos from their facebook account. 


 The Angus Kebab was cooked just right (meat-easy to chew) and the sauce blended well with the meat, as for the USDA Tapa I love its salty-sweetness mixed with the curry like taste of the biriani rice (a little biased here cause I love curry) with fried egg on top plus the sauce that complemented the whole dish. Jaipot and I were so satisfied with our order that we want to go back and try other food items such as China Town (which is the liempo, I think…) and Salpicao.

The place can accommodate 20-30 people inside (the non-smoking area) and 20 in the smoking area. The restaurant is equipped with air-conditioning, it was so hot inside when we arrived but it was a relief that they turned on the aircon- whew, there’s also a flatscreen tv to keep the customers busy while waiting for their food, takes about 10-15 minutes to serve. I think they can improve on their menu/brochure to make it look more inviting.

If you’re looking for a place to chill with you’re friends and drink a little booze, Skew-U is a good place. Plus, beer is less expensive compared to other restos that charges 4x the price.

So Skew-U if you don’t try this.
Bite Cost: 89 to 170 php
Munch worthy: Yes
Walker repeat: Yes


Hurry down to SkewU
Located at 56A East Capitol Drive, Brgy. Kapitolyo, Pasig City 
Facebook page: SkewU Skews Sizzlers










No comments:

Post a Comment