Friday, November 25, 2011

MUNCH MONSTER raid: Mad Mark's Sandwich and Frozen Desserts


Today is FRI-DATE! Well...not really, Jai and I didn't plan on anything special because we were both preoccupied with things to do plus he has football training too (boo!). Anyway, I was feeling hungry that afternoon and I suggested that we try Mad Mark's Sandwiches and Frozen Desserts. We availed a voucher prior from Cash Cash Pinoy, P180.00 for P300 worth of food from Mad Mark's - we got 2 vouchers for P360.00 only (good deal right?).


freshness guarantee wall

Mad Mark's is one of the new hole-in-the-wall restaurants in Kapitolyo, Pasig City. They offer man sandwiches such as the Lumberjack (certified Angus Beef baby!) and Mariner (fish fillet w/mariner sauce), buffalo wings, rice meals and frozen desserts. We arrived around 5:30 p.m. ready for our early dinner pig-out. Jai and I ordered 1 whole Lumberjack Sandwich (split in two) with  sides of Cajun and Herb Parmesan Fries, Zing wings (4 pcs.) and a scoop of Madagascar Walnut Fudge for me and Chocolate on Chocolate for Jai.

The Verdict:
LUMBERJACK

I had the Lumberjack with Herb Parmesan Fries while  Jai had his with Cajun Fries. We loved the Herb Parmesan Fries but we think it would be better if they served it with garlic mayo or sour cream dip. The Cajun fries was ordinary tasting, I think it needed a bit more salt & pepper to taste. The Angus Beef was juicy  and blended well with the mushrooms although we should have added mozzarella cheese. Overall it was ok but I wouldn't pay P250.00 for this (sandwich alone).


HOMEMADE ICE CREAM
As you can see in the photo on the right I was almost done eating my ice cream when I realized that I forgot to take a photo. It looked so good when it was served that I had to eat it right away. I don't have a photo of Jai's ice cream, he finished his ice cream first.
Madagascar Walnut Fudge: the name doesn't give it enough justice, it must be named "Best Madagascar Walnut Fudge that makes you wanna do the I love to move it, move it dance". I love it so much that I look forward to eating this again. Chocolate on Chocolate: Jai's comment,"chocolate na chocolate" (so obvious eh?). I tasted his ice cream, it was like eating frozen chocolait, yummy too but I liked mine better.


ZING WINGS
smoky zing wings
4 pcs. @ P170.00











This was Jai's favorite! He liked it  so much that he even said that he liked Mad Mark's Buffalo Wings better than Sunshine Buckets, Charlies and Buffalo Wings & Things. I think the spiciness of the wings was just right and not overpowering the taste of the chicken. Two thumbs up for zing wings!

  
Food Bill: 
Lumberjack (whole): P250.00
Add-on sides: +P30.00 Cajun Fries, +P50.00 Herb Parmesan Fries
Homemade Ice Cream P68.00/scoop
Zing Wings: P170.00/4 pieces
Total: P636.00 - our total shell-out P396.00 (thanks to our CCP voucher)


Bite Cost: P150.00-P200.00/meal 
Munch worthy: Yes 
Walker Repeat: will go back for the 
homemade ice cream, herb parmesan fries and zing wings

Hurry down to Mad Mark's
Located at 23 East Capitol Drive Kapitolyo, Pasig city
Facebook page: Mad Mark's














1 comment: